At our house, we love Twistables, they don't break as easily as crayons, and they don't make as big a mess as markers, so they are perfect for travel. So my daughter wanted me to make an art tote for her friend to fit Twistables. We started at the fabric store to find some red fabric (the recipients favorite color), and then we found some beautiful lady bug ribbon for the trim. Me being the procrastinator that I am starting making the tote the night before the party. I work best under pressure... OK, well maybe not, I totally cut the lining the wrong size (TOO SMALL). Thank goodness the stash came to the rescue with another red to match.
Apologies are in order as I started this blog and then left for a while. I love creating, and I love posting pictures and writing about what I create, but I don't really like taking pictures and uploading them to my computer. It has been months since I uploaded pictures. But I am going to try to do it more often and or start taking cell phone picture (I know they can be scary sometimes), but if I take cell phone pictures you might get to see more posts from me!!! :)
Oh, I have to share my good news! I GOT A NEW JOB!!! I officially start on Monday. I am really excited and as silly as it may sound I am looking forward to dressing a bit more professional than shorts and a tank top everyday. (Or I will admit jammies till 4pm some days) :) I know that feeling won't last long as I put on my dress slacks or hose in this 90+ degree weather. I am sure I will miss my kiddos more than I currently realize, but in the end it will be great to be in a professional environment again. :)
PS I think I am going to miss my tennis shoes the most, well that is after my kids. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment